Thursday, February 7, 2008

Once-A-Month Cooking

Here's another one of my New's Year's Resolutions that I got started on today!

Once-a-month cooking. What a great idea! For those who don't know what this is, it is where you plan out a month's worth of cooking, go grocery shopping for it all at once, bring it back, cook it all at once, then freeze. Voila, instant "frozen" dinners for a whole month!

Granted, I am probably going to be wading in slowly, and not doing all at once. But, boy I was amazed at how much my list for a month looked just like a list for a week! If I can stick to this and it works like it looks like it will, I will be saving hundreds upon hundreds of dollars a month at the grocery!

I started with just a standard calendar template in OneNote, and went from there with it. I can add as much as I want to to each day, then print the whole thing off, make out my shopping list, and away I go to the grocery store!

I can't wait to put this into action tomorrow!

I will let you all know how it goes.

If you're interested in the templete, leave a comment here or contact me directly and I can email you a template.

Thanks again Busy Moms, for taking time out for a cup of java with me!

1 comment:

lashamby said...

I am interested in your template. How has this worked for you?